Friday 6 July 2012

A Community I Love

Image Source: Freedigitalphotos.net
I am currently a mature age university student. I must say, this is a community I love!

There is so much diversity in university, cultural diversity, socioeconomic diversity, age diversity, motivational diversity, physical diversity, academic diversity and more! 

While being a student this time around I have made friends with people that I would never have believed I could have been friends with. What's more interesting, I feel I have become closer to some of those friends than I am with some of the people I have been friends with since high school.

What fascinates me the most about the university community is that everyone just seems to fit in with one another. Of course there is many small groups, much the same as high school, but all the small groups seem to amalgamate so easily into a larger group. Finding common ground with people can be difficult at the best of times, but when you throw in all those diversities I mentioned above it can be quite challenging. Despite this, it seems to just work!

I am going to be at a loss when I finish my degree and move on from that community atmosphere. I may have to go back for some post graduate study just to keep my finger in the pie!

No comments:

Post a Comment