Sunday 8 July 2012

Somebody Has to Say it

Image Source: Freedigitalphotos.net
Somebody has to say it. So I will.


This may be irrelevant to readers in most parts of the world, but to Australians one topic that is huge right now is the carbon tax.


I usually tend to stay away from controversial topics because it can have a make or break effect.


Many Australians are dead against Julia Gillard, let alone the carbon tax "she" has introduced. I say she in quotations because I do not believe for a second that she is the one that calls all the shots, prime minister or not, the Australian Labor Party is not solely controlled by Julia Gillard.


I know that the way Julia got into her role as Prime Minister of Australia was not ideal, but if it wasn't her taking the role it would have been someone else. Kevin Rudd was being removed. Simple as that.


 It is un-Australian to stab someone in the back like that, people say. Um, you all realise you are talking about politicians, right?


So, since her first day as prime minister, Julia Gillard has faced an enormous amount of criticism. I don't agree with many things the ALP have done since they have been in term this time around, but I still believe the amount of backlash she receives is simply over the top.


The carbon tax that has been introduced is to assist in deterring the countries largest polluters from polluting quite as much. Is that really that bad? So it will cost the average family $10 extra per week due to those businesses passing costs on to consumers. Isn't $10 a week worth paying to try and reduce carbon gases by even a small amount for the future generations?

I'm not going to go into it anymore than that for now, but that's an extremely simple explanation of my position on the carbon tax. 


I had to say it. As many others have.


You can learn more about the carbon tax here.

No comments:

Post a Comment